Thursday, December 26, 2013

WHAT IS EATING MY LETTUCE? BIRDS!


WHAT IS EATING MY LETTUCE? I have been trying to figure out what has been eating the tips right off my lettuce transplants as well as what has been nibbling my full grown butter crunch lettuce? After making several trips to the garden during the day, evening and night, I have yet to see an insect, snail, slug, beetle, larvae of any kind, etc. I have seen no track marks, either. It has to be a little critter, but what?


2/4/2014
Guess what I found out was eating my lettuce? BIRDS! They had started on  the tops of my kohlrabi and beets, too, before I figured it out. I placed bird netting over everything, and they haven't touched anything since. A little over a month later, the lettuce and kohlrabi have recovered and are growing nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment